Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Rainbow Color Challenges

Today, I wanted to share a couple of color challenges that I completed this week.

The first is the My Favorite Things Color Challenge #233.  The first thing I thought of when I saw this challenge was a rainbow.


I made two cards in this color palette.  The first started with the Romantic Script Background stamp from My Favorite Things.  I added Distress Oxide colors in Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade, Carved Pumpkin and Salvaged Patina down the stamp, overlapping along the way.  I ended up with Picked Raspberry on my Squeezed Lemonade pad and had to wipe it off to clean it up, so maybe use your lightest and work to darkest.  I also found that my Carved Pumpkin kind of overtook my Squeezed Lemonade in the image once it was stamped.

However, to fix this, I just cut down my panel and added Squeezed Lemonade lightly around the edges which I really liked.  I then stamped images and a sentiment from the Smitten Kitten stamp set.  I colored these with alcohol markers and blended more Squeezed Lemonade over the sentiment.  After die cutting my images, it was time to assemble.

I think this card turned out really sweet and I really enjoyed using this color palette.  So much so, that I did a second card.

This time, I ink blended with the same colors on a panel.  Once this was done, I took a little water and flicked it on the card, let it sit and then put a paper towel to dry up any excess.  This gives us some great spots on the colors.  I again used the Smitten Kitten stamp set for my image and sentiment.  I colored with alcohol markers and die cut the kitten.  I die cut the "blanket" from a die cut I had for the kitten to lay on.  Then I took some small pieces of paper towel, folded them and glued them along the bottom to look like tissues.

Again, a really cute and easy card to put together.


The second color challenge I did was from the April Color Palette Challenge for Kendra's Card Challenges (Cards By Kendra (google.com).  The color palette is #187 in Sarah Renae Clark's Color Box.

Again, I immediately thought of a rainbow, so I ink blended the following Distress Oxides:  Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves, Peacock Feathers, Salvaged Patina and Lucky Clover on a white card panel.  Next, I splattered using Brutus Monroe's Gilded Shimmer Splash.  I then took a balloon and stars stencil from Photoplay and added embossing ink.  Then I embossed using Brutus Monroe's Icicle (clear) embossing powder.  This gave a great tone on tone look.

Then I stamped an image from the My Favorite Things Furever Friends stamp set and a sentiment and heart from their Smitten Kitten stamp set.  I used alcohol markers to color the images.  I used a black marker to outline the sentiment strip.  I then added all this on foam tape and put on my card.  I think this makes such a great birthday card!!!

Hope you enjoyed these color challenge explanations.  I know I sure enjoy doing them!!

I will be entering the first 2 images in the My Favorite Things Color Challenge.

I will be entering the last image in the Kendra's Card Challenges (KCC) April Color Palette Challenge and in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge based on birthdays.

Happy Crafting!

Donna T.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

AECP Level 3 Botanical Illustration Inspired Watercolor

When I was picking my final classes, this class was something that I really wanted to take, but really scared me.  I’ve never been a painter...