Saturday, October 21, 2023

AECP Level 1 - All About the Layering 3

For my first course for the Altenew Educator Certification Program, it was all about layering.  This makes total sense because stamp and stencil layering was what attracted me to the Altenew Products.  They have the best products to layer colors on your image.  Now, this was not all that was covered in this class, but it was good to start with the basics.



For today's card, I used the Altenew Build-A-Flower: Stargazer set.  I love this flower and it turns out beautifully when you add several layers of colors.

I started by making by background (4 x 5 1/4" card panel).  I used some teal mica spray in my splatter box.  I sprayed the panel a few times and then set aside to dry.

Then I stamped my main flowers.  I used my stamping platform so I could do each layer twice without having to realign.  I picked some coral/red colors and started with the lighter color and using the most covered image.  I followed the instructions on the package for the order of each layer. 

After the flowers were done, I stamped 3 of each leaf using some greens and one image of the little flower just stamped with the black outline.  I then used my alcohol markers to color in those flowers in a purple color.



My next step was to die cut all these images.  I laid them on the dried card panel and made sure to overlap pieces and I turned the big flowers so that they actually look like two different flower images.  I added 3 leaves with each big flower (the rule of 3, or using odd numbers around your image).  I secured these.  



Last, I added 3 jewels (again the rule of 3) and attached a sentiment that I already had in my sentiment stash.  I put everything on a white A2 card base.



I love how this card turned out.  It is so colorful and hopefully will brighten anyone's day that is dealing with a sad loss.



Thanks for stopping by and until next time, keep on crafting.

Donna T.


Products Used:


Altenew Build-A-Flower: Stargazer





1 comment:

AECP Level 3 Botanical Illustration Inspired Watercolor

When I was picking my final classes, this class was something that I really wanted to take, but really scared me.  I’ve never been a painter...